Finally a detailed GATE 2014 notification came out with good amount of details about changes in GATE exam this year. We hope these will carry out in coming GATE exams too, along with other improvements. In this post ENGINERRS CAREER GROUP will give you an overview of the pattern for GATE 2014.
As mentioned earlier in changes in GATE 2014 , all papers will be conducted online during Feb 2014.
Question Paper Pattern
- There will be 65 questions carrying 100 marks
- Out of 65 questions 10 questions are for General Aptitude carrying 15 marks
- Engineering Mathematics will carry 13 marks
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): Student have to choose an answer from multiple choices. Remember there will negative marking for wrong answers for this type of questions.
- Numerical Questions: Students have to enter the numerical answers in the text area given using a virtual keyboard. Remember there is no negative marking for this type of questions.
We will be updating more on a strategy to make best use of negative marking, meanwhile you can refer to an old post regarding negative marking strategy in GATE 2014.
We don’t feel there are too many changes in GATE 2014 pattern except being done on computers. For more details on GATE preparations and updates keep feel free to contact us on our
TOLL FREE HELPLINE 1800-270-4242 .
Sit tight and keep preparation going high. Don’t be scared just focus on your preparation honestly and sincerely.
Wish you all a great luck ahead 🙂
ENGINEERS CAREER GROUP