BARC is recruiting engineers for Scientific Officer posts. There is a training provided in two courses
Before BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018 for Scientific Officer process.
- Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES)
- DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS)
After these two pieces of training, the candidate will be appointed as Scientific Officer.
Selection Process for BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Screening to short-list candidates
- On the basis of Online Examination:
- All 9 Engineering disciplines and 5 Science disciplines in more than 40 cities spread across India can appear the exam in March 2018.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
- Change of examination Centre, Date and Time session is available for a candidate, according to the convenience.
- For Taking allocation, first come first serve process is there.
- On the basis of GATE Score: On the basis of GATE score, the candidates will be shortlisted for further process. Only candidates with ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be screened on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in March 2018.
- Interviews of the short-listed candidates
Mumbai and Hyderabad are the places where the further process will take place. All Travelling allowance will be paid by the BARC.
Grade And Pay Scale for BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Scientific Officer ‘C’ (SO/C) in the Level 10 will be paid Rs. 56,100/-
- Stipend and Allowances during Training:
A stipend of ₹ 35,000 per month is paid during the period of Training to OCES TSOs and DGFS fellows and a one-time book allowance of ₹ 10,000. DGFS Fellows have reimbursed the tuition fee for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. and are additionally paid a one-time Contingency Grant of ₹ 25,000 to meet M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. project related expenses.
Qualification for BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|CODE||Discipline to be Selected in Online Application Form||Subject in B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg.)/ 5-year integrated M.Tech||GATE Subject|
|ME||Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|CH||Chemical||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|MT||Metallurgical||Metallurgy / Metallurgy & Materials Engineering / Metallurgy & Materials Science / Metallurgical Engineering / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science / Materials Science & Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering|
|EE||Electrical||Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|EC||Electronics||Electrical Engg. / Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Communication Engg. / Electronics & Controls Engg. / Electrical & Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||Electronics & Communication Engg.|
|CS||Computer Science||Computer Science / Computer Engineering||Computer Science & Information Technology|
|IN||Instrumentation||Instrumentation Engg. / Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||Instrumentation Engineering|
|CE||Civil||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|NE||Nuclear Engineering*||Nuclear Engineering / Nuclear Technology / Nuclear Science & Technology||NOT ELIGIBLE through GATE|
*Candidates with B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc.(Engg.) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ / ‘Nuclear Technology’ / ‘Nuclear Science & Technology’ would be considered for RSE Training Scheme at the BARC Training School, Mumbai and for ‘Mechanical’ and ‘Chemical’ Training Schemes at the BARC Training Schools in Mumbai, Kalpakkam, and NFC-Hyderabad.
Age Limit (As on August 1, 2018) for BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Term Considered||AGE Limit On the Basis of Caste|
|GEN||OBC||SC/ST||1984 Riots||Domiciled in Kashmir Division|
Applicant must be a citizen of India
Application Fee BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Rs 500/-General and OBC and SC/ST are exempted from payment
- Female candidate’s application is free of cost.
Important date for BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Commencement of Online Application Process for OCES/DGFS-2018||1st January 2018|
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||4th February 2018|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||5th February 2018|
|Download of Admit Card for Online Examination||26th February 2018|
|Online Examination||28th March- 3rd April 2018|
|Last date for candidates to upload their GATE score||2nd April 2018|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||18th April 2018|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||20th – 25th April 2018|
|Selection Interviews||16th May – 15th June 2018|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2018 on Online Application Portal||Last week of June 2018|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2017 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech/ M.Chem.Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||4th July 2018|
|Declaration of List of Persons Selected for DGFS-2018 on Online Application Portal||2nd week of July 2018|
How to Apply For BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Only Online applications are accepted for BARC Recruitment through GATE 2018.
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on this website.
- Candidates need to register through ‘Apply Online’ link by providing essential information like name, mother’s name, date of birth, e-mail id and a preferred login id. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates can activate their account either through the OTP sent to their registered mobile number or through the Activation link sent to the candidates’ registered email id.
- Once the candidate’s account is activated, he/she can subsequently log in multiple times through ‘Candidate’s Login’ link to fill in the Online Application form.
- While filling the form, the candidates are required to upload their recent passport sized photograph (4.5×3.5cm) in JPG format (of size not more than 50 kb) and a scanned copy of their signature (2×4.5cm, in JPG format with size not exceeding 20 kb).