IIT Guwahati has now officially released a notification about GATE 2018 examination in order to facilitate the process on time. So, here we have the key important things you should not miss out.
Important Dates – GATE 2018
- Commencement of Online Application: 01st September 2017
- Last Date of Application: 05th October 2017
- Last Date for change in examination city: 17th November 2017
- GATE 2018 Admit Card: 05th January 2018
- GATE 2018 Exam Date: on February 03, 04, 10 & 11, 2018.
- Answer Key: Within a few days after examination
- Announcement of GATE 2018 Results: 17th March 2018
- Downloading of Score Card: Last week of March 2018
- Counselling Commencement: Second week of April 2018
GATE 2018 – How to Apply?
Interested candidates can go through the eligibility criteria of GATE and then fill the online application form. Scanned copy of photograph and signature has to be uploaded, and application fee can be paid online or by Challan (if applicable). A period of around one month is given to complete the process
The application fee has to be paid ONLINE. The fee details are as follows:
For Centres in India
i. Female Candidates – Rs.750/-
ii. SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates – Rs.750/-
iii. All other candidates Rs.1500/-
For Centres Abroad
i. Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu: US$ 50
ii. Dubai and Singapore: US$ 100
Payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-Challan facilities
Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2018:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through exams conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/MHRD as equivalent to BE/B. Tech; those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible