Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National Level Competitive Exam conducted for admission into Masters & Direct Doctoral Programs. The prospective candidates through the test aim to seek admission in masters programs of Engineering/Technology/Architecture and Doctoral Program in relevant branches of Science. The GATE 2020 Exam is scheduled to be conducted via the online mode for 24 papers on the 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020,
At stake are the various seats in the M.E./M.Tech & PhD Programs at the deemed academic institutions of India such as the IITs, IISc, NITs, GFTIs and other Universities of repute.GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and Seven (07) Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE. Candidates can seek to procure the details of the examination such as Application form and its submission, Eligibility, Exam Centres and Exam Pattern online.
The application form has been available since August 31st and the last date to apply for the exam is September 24th. Candidates are expected to complete the application form online, which becomes a challenging scenario for some of them. The GATE 2020 shall be conducted by IIT Delhi. As mentioned, the application process of the GATE 2020 exam is completely online and is available through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website by paying the mandatory application fees. Process of online for the exam includes the registration for the GATE examination, followed by submission of the supporting documents and a recent photograph and signature.GATE Application Aspirants can refer to the given steps to know how to fill GATE application form 2020 properly without committing common mistakes that are generally made by many applicants. Also, check the details of the documents to be uploaded along with the GATE 2020 application form completed in all aspects has to be submitted latest by September 24.
What should you keep ready before you fill the GATE Application Form 2020?
Indian Candidates must keep the following ready before they fill the application form of GATE 2020.
- Personal information (Name – the name should match those of the college records, date of birth, your personal mobile number, email ID parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.)
- Postal Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details like name of degree, year of passing, branch/specialization
- College address, PIN code of college
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of your photograph
- Scanned image of your signature
- Scanned copy of Eligibility Document/Certificate in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate in case of candidates who have completed their graduation. In case they have not been issued the degree or provisional certificate, they can upload the final year mark sheet (of any one semester)
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of ID Proof: Only Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
- Bank details for application fees.
Specifications for Photograph and Signature for GATE 2020 Application Form:
- You must scan a colour passport size photo with a white or a light colour background taken after August 1, 2019. Any other photo taken by other means may result in rejection
- Size of the photograph must be 3.5 cm (Width) x 4.5 cm (Height).
- File format should be in JPEG only on a standard 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (Width x Height) print.
- The maximum dimensions can be 480 x 640 pixels (0.3 Mega pixel) while the minimum can be 240 x 320 pixels.
- You should ensure that at least 50% of the area of the photograph is covered by your face with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- Ensure that the face is not hidden by the hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- Candidates wearing spectacles can remove the spectacles and take the photograph to avoid any red glares. Dark or tinted glasses are not allowed.
- Draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm (Height) x 7 cm (Width) on an A4 white paper.
- Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Mind that the signature is not in CAPITAL letters or any other ink colour.
- Scan the rectangular box (with your signature inside) by using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels while the minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
Application Process for GATE 2020
Candidates should submit the GATE 2020 application online on the GOAPS website(https://gate.iitd.ac.in). All the required documents need to be submitted online are Photograph, Signature, Certificates of Qualifying degree, Category under which the student has applied (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Physically Handicapped/Dyslexic certificate, as applicable must be submitted along with the online application. The Candidates are expected to enter the ID number as mentioned in the Identification document such as Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. It is mandatory for the candidates to have one of the above before submission of the form online. Candidates should be cautious that the form is not available either for sale or anywhere else other than the site mentioned above.