IIT Madras M.Tech admissions 2019: Important dates, eligibility and cut off 2019
IIT Madras has released the notification for M.Tech admission 2019. Application form for IIT Madras M.Tech admission 2019 is available online mode from March 6. Candidates who wish to pursue their M.Tech degree from the institute can apply for IIT Madras M.Tech admission 2019 through the official website. Read on to know all the details.
In order to get enrolled in M.Tech programmes, candidates must have qualified GATE entrance examination and should have a valid GATE score. The admission authority of IIT Madras will also conduct a written test tentatively on 27 April which will also act as a factor for offering admission. GATE score and CGPA both will be taken into consideration during the selection process of IIT Madras M.Tech 2019.
|Commencement of Online Registration||March 6, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form and Payment of Fee||April 10, 2019|
|Written Test/Interview||April 27, 2019|
|Date of Orientation and Registration for New Students||July 26, 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||July 29, 2019|
We will provide all possible eligibility standards that are considered for IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 admissions. With the help of IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 eligibility criteria, candidates will have to get an idea of whether they are eligible or not. Eligibility criteria of IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 must be fulfilled by the candidates.
- Candidates should have qualified full-time degree in engineering (B.Tech/B.E.).
- Candidates must have secured a valid score in GATE 2019 entrance examination.
- Degrees obtained through Distance Education/ Correspondence Mode for the qualifying degree. The Departments will follow the suitability test/ interview procedure for screening in such cases.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree and whose results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2019.
How to Apply
The admission authority of institute has released the application form of IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 on March 6 and will be available until April 10. Candidates who wish to take admission must fill in the IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 registration form. Also, make sure that before filling the application form to know whether they are eligible or not. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the registration link for IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 admissions.
- Candidates must register themselves with their email address and generate the password.
- Carefully fill the application form by providing personal, academic and contact information.
- After submitting the online application form of IIT Madras M.Tech 2019, the application number will be generated. This number will be required to initiate the payment of application.
- Candidates will have to pay their application fee through an online mode.
Application Fees of IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2019
|1||General/All Other categories||Rs. 400|
|2||SC/ST/Female Candidates||Rs. 200|
IIT Madras M.Tech 2018 Cut off
Candidates can check the cutoff marks of different M.Tech branches of IIT Madras from the previous year below. This will give an idea about the IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 cut off. Knowing this, the candidates can understand their chances of getting admission and can plan accordingly. We are sharing the Cut-off of different M.Tech programmes for all the candidates belonging to any category for admission into IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 course.
|M.Tech Programme||Programme Codes||General||OBC||SC||ST|
|Engineering Mechanics (Fluid
Mechanics/ Solid Mechanics)
|Building Technology and Construction Management||CE1Y||754||723||527|
|Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering||CE4Y||700||666||478||362|
|Computer Science and Engineering||CS1Y||799||658||537||345|
|Communication and Signal Processing||EE1Y||740||691||593||308|
|Power Systems and Power Electronics||EE2Y||771||719||549||490|
|Microelectronics and VLSI Design||EE3Y||838||717||606||423|
|Control and Instrumentation||EE4Y||788||700||523||398|
|Microelectronics and Photonics||EE5Y||429||213|
|Design (Mechanical Engineering)||ME2Y||835||803||558||458|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||MM1Y||526||423||249||206|
|Functional Materials and Nanotechnology||PH1Y||349||301||236||316|
With all the above information about IIT Madras M.Tech 2019 admission after the GATE exam, it will be easier for the candidates to go through the whole procedure. It will also prove beneficial knowing your chances to get into IIT Madras for M.Tech after the GATE exam. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview round conducted at IIT Madras campus. The final selection will be done through the overall performance of the candidates. Keep following our blog section for upcoming notifications by all the IITs for admission into M.Tech 2019 course.
To check the notification released by IIT Delhi, click Here
To check the notification released by IIT Bombay, click Here