INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION, Department of Space, Government of India is inviting BE/B.TECH candidates for direct recruitment as SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC’ WITH BE/B.TECH OR EQUIVALENT DEGREE IN CIVIL, ELECTRICAL, REFRIGERATION & A/C AND ARCHITECTURE through ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD (ICRB).
The official ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ: ICRB: 01:2019 DATED 26-12-2018
Official Website: http://www.isro.gov.in
Indian Space Research Organization/Department of Space Centers/Units are involved in Research and Development projects for enhancement of Space Application, Space Science and Technology considerably benefit the society and effectively serve the nation by gaining self-reliance and sufficient developing capacity to design and produce innovative Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and finally their launching mechanism.
With this Advertisement, ISRO is offering the position of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in Level 10 of Pay Matrix to the young engineer graduates in the following disciplines:-
(iii) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
The Online Application Form
Check out the table below, click on the post to see the online application form for that post. All post has different online forms available.
|Post Code||Post Name||No. of Vacancies||Reservation Status||Educational Qualification|
|BE004||Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Civil)||09||(6-UR,1-SC,1-ST,1-OBC)||BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Civil Engineering in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10|
|BE005||Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Electrical)||05||(2-UR,1-SC,1-ST,1-OBC)||BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Electrical Engineering OR Electrical and Electronics Engineering in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10|
|BE006||Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning)||02||(1-UR, 1-SC)||BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with Air Conditioning & Refrigeration or allied subjects as electives or as a core subject in any of the semesters, in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10|
|BE007||Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Architecture)||01||(1-OBC)||Bachelor degree in Architecture in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.84/10 and registration with Council of Architecture.|
Vacancy at Semi-Conductor Laboratory, Chandigarh an autonomous institution under Department Of Space [Group ‘A’ Non-Gazetted post]:
|Post Code||Post Name||No. of Vacancies||Reservation Status||Educational Qualification|
|BE008||Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ (Electrical)||01||(1-UR)||BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Electrical Engineering OR Electrical and Electronics Engineering in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10|
|UR-Unreserved; OBC -Other Backward Class; SC-Scheduled Caste; ST-Scheduled Tribe|
The Online Application Process
- The application will be submitted online only on the ISRO official website isro.gov.in
- The online application can be submitted between 12.2018 and 15.01.2019.
- Scanned copies of latest passport sized HD photograph needs to be uploaded along with the application.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature also needs to be uploaded in the prescribed file size.
- The National Career Services (NCS) candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility conditions should also visit ISRO website and follow the online application procedure to apply.
- Each applicant will be provided with an on-line Registration Number to be used as future reference no., once they successfully complete the registration process.
- Providing a valid E-mail ID is compulsory to be given/added while applying online at ISRO website.
- Candidates already employed with the Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies need to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their respective employer after the online application submission.
- All the required/applicable documents (if any) to be sent to ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru by 21.01.2019
Payment of Application Fee
Candidates have to pay an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only). Candidates applying for the post of BE008 in SCL, Chandigarh, have to individually remit an application fee of Rs.100/-.
Candidates can make the payment ‘online’ via Internet Banking/Debit Card or ‘Offline’ by visiting any SBI Branch.
The last date for application fee payment 16.01.2019. Candidates are suggested to make payment as early as possible before 16. 01.2019 to avoid any delays
Online Application Fee payment
Candidates opting for online fee payment method are advised to make payment by 12.01.2019 to avoid any unforeseen transaction delays/failures/issues.
Process for application fee payment: The candidates need to click on the Make Payment button available on the webpage. This will take him to the State Bank Multi Option Payments Systems (MOPS) page.
The candidate may choose any of the available payment modes; the following options will be available:
- Net Banking: State Bank of India
- Net Banking: Other Banks
- Debit Card: State Bank of India
- Debit Card: Other Banks
- Credit Card: State Bank of India
- Credit Card: Other Banks
- For any pending/delayed online payments ISRO won’t be responsible.
- For any such online payment issues, candidates need to contact their respective bank authorities.
- If the application fee is not submitted with ISRO because of any online transaction failure or delays the application will not be accepted by ISRO.
- Candidates should ensure they get a ‘successful payment’ from ‘Payment Status’ link in ISRO’s website.
Offline Application Fee Payment
Candidate can also opt to pay application fee offline by visiting and depositing fee with any SBI branch.
- Download & print the predefined format for SBI Challan.
- Fill this SBI Challan and deposit fee along with this Challan at any SBI branch.
- Ensure you deposit the fee before the 16.01.2019 or within the 3 days of generation of Challan.
- The Challan will be valid for the next 3 days from the date of its downloading.
- After 3 days the Challan will be counted invalid in such situation candidate needs to download and print a new Challan.
The Selection Process:
|Written Exam Date||10.03.2019|
|Written Exam Venue||Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Thiruvananthapuram|
|Invitation mode for written exam|
|Written exam invitation letter date||2nd/3rd week of March 2019|
|Written exam invitation letter date||80 Objective types questions|
|Written Exam Pattern||3 working days, after a written test|
- The candidates will be invited for the written exam on basis of their academic performance, eligibility, bio-data, an initial screen to be done by ISRO concerned committee.
- All the questions in the written exam carry equal marks.
- The written exam is followed by the interview round.
- Selection for the interview round is based on the performance in the Written test, the schedule, and venue of which will later be notified to the shortlisted candidates.
- The performance of the candidates in the Interview round will be counted as a basis for final selection with minimum 60% marks in the interview round.
- The Answer Keys will be published within 3 working days of the written test on the ISRO Website.
- The candidates are allowed to raise any valid objections/justifications (if any) within 3 days of answer keys publishing on the ISRO website only. A particular link will be provided for same.
- Candidates who will complete the above-mentioned course/degree in the academic year 2018-2019 are also eligible to apply.
- The final degree/certificate should be available by August-2019. The minimum aggregate marks required are 65% or CGPA 6.84/10
- Besides the MINIMUM qualification requirement candidate needs to fulfill other eligibility criteria as well to appear in the Written Test.
- Candidates applying for the postcode No.BE007 are required to produce the authentic Registration Certificate with the Council of Architecture, in the Interview round, failing which will result in cancellation of their candidacy.
|Category||Age Limit as on 15.01.2019|
|General Category||35 years|
|OBC Category||38 years|
|SC/ST Category||40 years|
|Ex-Serviceman||As per Govt. of India orders|
|PWD Category||As per Govt. of India orders|
Other Important Conditions/Instructions
- The posts are not permanent but there is a possibility of continuation of your services with ISRO if get selected.
- Candidate should apply to appropriate post as per their academics and eligibility described by the ISRO.
- The selected candidates can be posted in any of the Centers/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere across India as per the ISO requirements.
- Candidates may be required to work in extended shifts, round the clock shift as per the timely and functional requirements of their center.
- Get more details of ISRO Centers/Units at http://www.isro.gov.in/about-isro/isro-centres
- The shortlisted candidates invited for the interview round will be reimbursed second-class train fare to and fro for the shortest route from the city mentioned in their online application form to the venue of the interview.
- Any change of address and city for the interview round will not be entertained by the ISRO.
- Candidates invited for the interview round needs to carry and produce all relevant original documents that they submitted along with online application form.
- In case of any forged/duplicate/discrepancy/wrong information is found in documents at the time of interview. Such a candidate will not be allowed to appear in the personal interview round and will not also get TA.
- No TA will be paid to any candidate for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO holds the complete right for filling/not filling any post as per their requirements.
- Only Indian Nationals can apply.
- Government endeavors to have a gender-balanced workforce and encourages women candidates to apply.
- Candidates are suggested to ensure they upload correct documents and fill correct information as no interim correspondence will be entertained by ISRO.
- For any further clarification/corrections on documents/ information populated, candidates can write to ISRO at email@example.com or check the FAQs section uploaded in the ISRO website.